Saturday, April 20, 2013

Captain's Log, Stardate: 2013.0420

Holy snap, does this thing still exist? I suppose so, I keep getting emails about it. Well that's weird, I thought all this would have faded away by now. It's strange.

I abandoned this, along with most other things, last year after a disasterous chain of events. A series of circumstances which were most unfortunate that left me beyond saddened, beyond depressed. It took a long time and a lot of effort, but I think I've started to pull out and move beyond what all happened. Maybe one day I can get the point where I can talk about it.

But for now, I have this. And I suppose that'll have to do. But hey, it'll all work out. As for now I've been watching a lot of stuff on Netflix lately. I finally got into Doctor Who, which it turns out is a pretty decent show. It's surprising, being as my only memories of it are the original Doctor Who..which, in the 80s, had production values on par with Star Trek in the 60s. Yeah..it was bad. Bad to the point of being unwatchable. But the new show is pretty keen. Christopher Eccleston was very enjoyable, David Tennant was superb, and so far Matt Smith's shaping up to be entertaining.

I've also been watching Outrageous Fortune, a show from New Zealand. It's a highly enjoyable series that despite starting out kinda slow has shapped up to be a very entertaining show. I'm about to finish up the 3rd season now, so I'll have to see how it finishes up. I'll letcha know how it turns out. But beyond that, the only other thing I've been looking forward to is seeing the eventual horrors of the new GI Joe movie that's out. I mean...they basically refilmed the whole damn thing. That's way less than reassuring. It'll be worse than those Transformers movies..and that's saying a lot!

It's been a strange week. From Boston to Texas and back to Boston. The vice keeps turning, tighter and tighter every day. Every day we inch deeper into the Crisis. Maybe some day I'll tell you about that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment