Sunday, December 4, 2011

Captain's Log, Stardate: 2011.1204

For the last seven days, Starfleet Command has kept me running ragged. This, gentle readers, is the reason why I have not updated my log entries in nearly half a fortnight. I apologize and will strive to do better.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to elaborate a little more about why I'm doing this. Simply put: I have a lot of thoughts and comments that I don't want to have associated with my "real" username. I'm not one to do that, really ever (I'm a one username across all services kinda person), but I really wanted to have an outlet that I could use without any real connection to me. Thus, my hidden blog (and my hidden tweets over at Twitter as @myhiddentweets) was born! And it was updated originally in late 2010 as purely a lark and an experiment. I did not like the format, so after a few months I stopped fiddling with it.

The desire to have an unaffiliated outlet, however, persisted...nagging and clawing at my thoughts. And after much thought, I've decided to switch to a Captain's Log style format for these updates. Why? Because I have no talent for any other form of outlet, and this is a style I can understand and work with. I read a Captain's Log to myself anyway when I'm goofing around at various times, so the connection seemed natural.

Since I intent to title these updates in a very similar fashion, I'm going to use labels a bit more to make searching for stuff easier. We'll see how well this works out.

Another elaboration: I don't mean to come across as too cryptic in these things..I'm just trying to keep the veil of obfuscation that I desire this blog to have. It's a very delicate balance, you see. If seems like it's too hard to follow, just let me know and I'll knock it off. I want people to be entertained, not annoyed.On that note, Starfleet Command generally refers to life in general as opposed to any one organization or group..just so no one gets the wrong idea.

Okay, that should about do things for now. The last week has been very busy..at almost a crushing level sometimes. It's not out of the ordinary, but it's still very tiring and somewhat stressful. At least I've only got two more weeks of work till my holiday vacay starts, so that's something positive.

I think that about does it for now.

=/\= End of Log =/\= 

No comments:

Post a Comment